Thursday, August 10, 2006

Mount Dragon


Mount Dragon, Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. Forge 1996. I wish I could say something bad about these guys but I can't. When they collaborate, they create some of the best popcorn fiction there is (however, I don't care for Preston's solo work; he lacks character depth in both Tyrannosaur Canyon and The Codex). And I don't care for bio-thrillers, yet these guys can spin a great story and they kept me interested despite my lack of interest in the bio-centered plot. The characters are believable and the pace is fine-tuned. Even the science is fascinating--though I don't know chemistry at all, so I have no idea how realistic it is. Don't get me wrong, there's no deep meanings here and nothing that'll change your life. Just terrific entertainment. Terrific summer reading.

No comments: